Our clinic has its own well-equipped laboratory where we study blood samples, urine samples, blood smears and different kind of cytological samples (skin, ears, fine needle aspirations). Most of the blood samples can be examined during the visit so that we can immediately determine the correct treatment. We cultivate urine samples at the clinic, so we can have a cultivation and sensitivity result already the next day. Non-urgent or more specialized blood tests are sent to our collaborative laboratories, from where we usually get the result during the following day.
The microscope is an important tool to help us diagnose e.g. skin- and ear infections. We also examine tumors by fine needle aspiration, we send the samples to a pathologist when needed.
For example, we conduct the following studies in our laboratory:
- Hematology: CBC (red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets).
- Clinical chemistry: (renal, liver, blood sugar, blood proteins, etc.)
- Electrolytes: (sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, etc.)
- Hormones: (thyroid gland)
- Other samples: (pancreatitis, inflammatory values CRP, etc.)
- Urinalysis, cultivation and sensitivity assays
- Cytology from ears, skin and tumors (FNA)